This is a recipe that my sister makes all the time, it’s delicious and super easy to make so is perfect for midweek dinners. My favourite thing about this is that the ingredients are all fresh, there’s nothing bad in it. I feel like there is such a stigma surrounding pasta nowadays, but unless you have a wheat intolerance it’s really not that bad for you, yes it’s full of carbs but your body does need them.
This recipe serves two.
1 red onion
2 red chillies
2 garlic cloves
350g cherry tomatoes
200g raw tiger prawns
1 cup of white wine
salt + pepper
– Finely chop the onion and chillies, crush the garlic and pop them into a saucepan on a medium heat with a good glug of oil. Cover and sweat for 5-10 minutes until they’re softened.
– Meanwhile quarter the cherry tomatoes. Add them to the onion mix along with the white wine and some salt and pepper. Continue to simmer, covered.
– Cook the linguine according to the packet instructions.
– Heat another lug of olive oil in a frying pan, when the pasta is five minutes away from being ready add the prawns with a good sprinkle of salt and pepper. Fry until the prawns turn orange, add them to the tomato sauce.
– Drain the pasta and mix with the tomato sauce. Serve with parmesan.